Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Where or where should the classroom go?

So here is the debate, where should we set up the classroom? We have three rooms that we have in mind; the office/guest room down stairs, the guest room upstairs, or the loft upstair.

The office/guestroom
the good
On the main level
Can be closed off
Connected to a bathroom
Good size
the bad
It is my husband office
No closet (closet being used for something else that cannot be moved)

The guestroom
the good
Can be closed off
Near a bathroom
Two windows
There is a closet in the room
the bad
It is located upstairs
It is our official guestroom
Smallest of the three

The loft
the good
Largest of all options
Good amount of natural sunlight
Open, not used space
Near a bathroom
the bad
Cannot be closed off
Near the stairs
No closet

So many thoughts to think about.
I love the idea of the loft because of the amount of room my children would have to spread out and work, but it would not contain the children because they would want to go into their rooms and go down the stair. But I do love the windows, and we can buy a storage closet to place in the room.

My favorite idea in the office/guestroom, but my husband needs his office (he works from home), also we would have to use a storage closet for the school supplies, and will have to find new homes for the storage.

The guest room would be great also, but I love having a guest bedroom, but I guess we already have one guestroom, and it can be contained with a closet, BUT it is the smallest choice.

hmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment